2011年1月27日星期四

From Gran Turismo 5 comes our latest game of the week

[Pic]”From Gran Turismo 5 comes our latest game of the week, a race pitting Kotaku reader Icegoat in a roadster overmatched by nearly 150 hp against the rest of the field, “I like a challenge,” writes Icegoat, who ran a BMW Z4 tuned up to 397 horsepower against a field of racers ranging in power from 542 to 637 HP. Early in the replica Patek Philippe 4906 Ladie's watch race, Icegoat hits a couple of walls, crashes three different times in the first three laps, and winds up dead last among the field of 12.”Normally I might restart the race at this point, but on this day I kept racing,” icegoat writes.

“From last place I suddenly became quite serious about the race. I timed my braking, controlled my throttle and kept my rear of my overpowered FR car in check around the corners.”Icegoat kept picking off the field - 11th place, then 10th, then 9th. “I managed to get all the way up to second place, just behind the leader, at the last replica Patek Philippe 4906 Ladie's watch corner of the race. I dived in to the inside line, pushed my way through and overtook first place just as we rounded for the final stretch.”He would have to hold off a furious AI rally, though. “My opponent, just in my rearview mirror, was much more powerful than me. I all had was cunning.

If I allowed him, he would easily overtake me in the half-mile straight sprint to the finish. So I made my little BMW Z4 as wide as the the four lane road. I swerved and zig-zagged to keep the enemy squarely in my rearview. With that final bit of skill replica Patek Philippe 4959J Ladie's watch and luck I was able to clutch victory from the jaws of crashing-into-last-place defeat.”Icegoat vows that he ran the race with no driver aids. “No traction control, no active steering, no skid recovery force, no stability management.